mercredi 23 mars 2016

Please help

My family and I are at our wits end and have no idea where to turn to next. As I posted in the memorial thread at the end of February a very dear friend, Charley Jordan, who has been considered a member of our family since 1968 passed on Feb 26. He has only a sister who has disowned him for over 30 years and, I hate to say it, would be happy to hear that news.

For years Charley has been telling my niece and myself that when he dies he wants his ashes to be spread at a certain place far up in the northeast corner of California in a forest. He's drawn Maps for us of the exact location.

The medical examiner has been holding his body and will not release it to us because there was no paperwork for power of attorney. They originally said they had to find the next of kin if they could and things would go from there. My niece just called me in tears saying the medical examiner had just finished telling her that if no next-of-kin is found then the medical examiner themselves will cremate the body and the ashes disposed of. They said no one will receive the remains.

This is in Sonoma County in California. Is there anybody out there who knows anything about this law or rule? Can anybody lead us in the right direction to resolve this in favor of Charley's wishes?

This is just so thoughtless and inhumane that I can't really believe it but apparently this is what they do. If anybody has any ideas whatsoever for us we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.
Please help

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire