mercredi 30 mars 2016

Marcia Clark explains the lure of Scientology

Marcia Clark explains the lure of Scientology.

Hollywood Reporter: A Conversation With Marcia Clark: Rape, Scientology Flirtation and When She Last Saw O.J.

http://ift.tt/1RKj8g7

Referring to her rape:

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

The incident came flooding back when she was working as a prosecutor and met a young woman who also had been raped.

“Chris was immovable,” says Clark of Darden’s decision to have Simpson try on the glove. “He was my co-counsel. I couldn’t say, ‘I’m your boss.’ Or I could say it, and he could tell me to go f— myself.”

"She told me her story, and literally within 10 minutes of her leaving, I got violently ill," says Clark. "Violently. It was really weird. Scientology, they're right about that: They say that negative emotion and rekindling old negative memories can make you feel ill, physically ill, and it did. They say, 'Release the charge, confront it and deal with it.' And I had to go home within an hour. I had a fever of 102. It was around 1981, and my then-husband said, 'OK, so what just happened?' And I wound up telling him."

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

In 1997, she relocated to Calabasas in search of good schools for her sons, both in their 20s now and living in the Bay Area. She's close to them; one works for a legal support firm, the other at a start-up. Twice divorced, she has no contact with her former husbands — the first, a professional backgammon player; the second, a computer programmer and systems administrator whom she met when he worked for the Church of Scientology.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

She left Scientology in 1980 without repercussions. "I never got past the very low levels," she says. She praises its early classes, though not its more abstruse theology. "It's actually really instructive at the beginning because it's the greatest hits of the best of meditation and all the best of psychology. It melds it all together, and it's very helpful. Once you get past that and you start talking about the mythology …" She shrugs. As to founder L. Ron Hubbard's writing: "Bad, isn't it?" she says. "It's so amateur hour."

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
Marcia Clark explains the lure of Scientology

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire