lundi 28 mars 2016

Kathy Griffin: "I'm going to bring Shelly Miscavige with me in the trunk of my car."

"I'm going to bring Shelly Miscavige with me in the trunk of my car," Kathy Griffin said.

Tampa Bay Times: Kathy Griffin will needle Trump, Scientologists in Clearwater

http://ift.tt/1RGvP8q

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

I had to stop her mid-sentence to ask why she loves Clearwater so much.

She said the area's "Sci-Ties," what she calls members of the Church of Scientology, are a plus. She poked fun at the church's celebrity followers like John Travolta and Kirstie Alley. She pointed to the wife of Scientology leader David Miscavige, who hasn't made a public appearances since 2007.

"I'm going to bring Shelly Miscavige with me in the trunk of my car," she said.

With two Emmys, a Grammy and a record-setting number of TV specials under her belt, 55-year-old Griffin has superhuman focus. This talk was a sales call for her "Like a Boss" tour, making four stops in Florida in April.

Have the Scientologists really shown up in her past seven Clearwater visits?

"Scientologists have never really done anything except wait for me outside," Griffin said, adding that she wished them luck on their trip to Pluto. "But I think Sci-Ties secretly show up. Kirstie Alley and the rest, they like a good laugh as much as anybody.

"I would not be surprised to find John Travolta disguised in a wig in the audience, and I do not mean the wig he's wearing to play Robert Shapiro in the most bizarre performance I've ever seen."

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
Kathy Griffin: "I'm going to bring Shelly Miscavige with me in the trunk of my car."

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire