vendredi 22 juillet 2016

Hello - Thank you for welcoming me here

Hi there.

I've been lurking here for awhile. I'm a never-in, who learned about the Co$ through Chris Shelton around the time Going Clear came out, which I watched. I've been posting just a little bit at the UB, and I also read MR's blog. I've read several of the exes' books. I've became interested in this subject for a few reasons:

1) 1 was in a controlling (platonic) relationship with a narcissistic sociopath at one point, and I came away with a lot of damage.

2) My husband's family was involved with a cult-like group for many years, and he was heavily indoctrinated in a bunch of confusing nonsense for much of his early life. I was very peripherally involved with the group early in our marriage, but was uncomfortable and wanted nothing to do with it. He was ok with that, and we've been able to sever all ties to it ourselves. But his family has resentment about that, and there is a damaged relationship because of this group. My husband has not shed all of the cult-like indoctrination, either, so we still deal with "decompressing".

Chris Shelton's videos and other Co$ exes have taught me A LOT about cult behavior, and the way people try to control/manipulate others. I feel that I've learned a lot to help me deal with my past and also have healthy boundaries moving forward. In the meantime, I've grown to care about the people who are recovering from cults, and those still in. I hope to see the Cult of $ go down in flames, never to rise again, and I pray for the people still caught up in it (I am a person of faith) and those who have loved ones still in.

Thank you for welcoming me here.
Hello - Thank you for welcoming me here

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire