samedi 9 avril 2016

Believing in delusions make them true?

I was listening to a youtube vid when someone who seemed to be an ex talked about how they still subscribe to the dogma 'whatever is true for you is true'.

Horse biscuits.

Just because someone believes in a fallacy doesn't make it automatically true. If what is 'true to them' happens to really be not true, then they are simply deluded. If they think they have the power to make something true by simply believing it's true, why do they think they need the cult?

I believe Hubbard was an 'ultra-thelemist', which means he considered his will to do something gave him the right to do it. I also think he believed he could alter reality with his 'postulates' and that the more people he got believing something, the more true it would be, or something along those lines.

Huh-uh. Doesn't happen.

Sure, you can delude lots of people to believing something that isn't true, but it doesn't make it true, no matter how 'true' it is to you!

It's distressing to me to find out about people that have broken away from the cult, but continue to hold on to these false doctrines. This is just one of a few I've ran across.

I say throw the baby out with the bathwater, because I think it was Rosemary's.
Believing in delusions make them true?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire