mercredi 19 août 2015

Scientology and the Internet

Tony Ortega's post today about the Fishman Affidavit reminded me of the first time I went on the internet to see what was written about Scientology.

It was around 1994 when a friend gave me his old '386 computer and I got a 28K modem and AOL account.

I remember well what I thought and how I felt...and how it all changed over time.

As others have written, it was with a visceral mix of anxiety, trepidation, fear, and excitement...but above all,

it was an overriding belief that I had a fundamental human right to look, and see

what was there, the ethics officer be damned!

I was OT fucking 3! Free from overwhelm, LOL!

I remember the guilty pleasure that I took from reading Robert Vaughn Young, Karin Spaink, and Arnie Lerma and of having to wade through pages of OSA spam and trolls.

There were wonderful nuggets of truth to be found, and as the guilt receded the pleasure widened and filled me with a
cautious joyousness,

So much has changed in the 20 years since I first typed alt.religion scientology and hit the return key...


Scientology and the Internet

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire