vendredi 15 janvier 2016

Michael Hobson (aka Sneakster) now homeless and Christian??

I couldn't find anything about this on the forums, and the last mentions of former poster Sneakster (Michael Hobson) were about his turn as the Indie's OSA/ Ethic's Officer taking great lengths to investigate and ban people from indie FB groups who dared to post on ESMB.

Sneakster posted for quite a while on ESMB, and could be quite an asshole because he was a firm believer in the tech and had quite the superiority complex as a result. Once Marty Rathbun started his blog and some "pro-LRH" groups popped up he quickly and enthusiastically joined and bad mouthed all the terrible SPs at ESMB. I think he insisted all his former posts here be deleted, but I could be wrong. Either way he left in a huff and was thought the majority of ESMB were terrible SP's and natterers. (There were a few people here who made great efforts to befriend Sneakster, even though he seemed to try his damnedest to be a high and mighty jerk to all those who dared insult the tech)

I certainly was no fan of Sneakster, to say the very least, but reading and old post on Marty's blog got me wondering why I had heard nothing about him for a few years now. I went to his Facebook page, and the following information comes from public posts on his page (as opposed to portions he keeps private or friends only), I don't feel I'm posting anything that he hasn't publicly shared already.

Apparently he hit a rough patch. He had posted quite a bit about his job hunting in IT fields over the years, and it never seemed he had much success or any job was short lived. (This wasn't surprising to me giving his general attitude towards people) I think he had lived with his mother, and maybe she passed, so he ended up homeless? I'm not sure how he ended up literally on the streets, but I'm assuming no longer having a relative to live with may have been the major factor.

On his Facebook page Hobson was posting regularly about life living on the streets in LA and requesting paypal donations from his FB friends. He does get foodstamps, a free mobile phone, etc...but finding a job and apartment seemed to be his biggest problems. He seemed to spend much time at Starbucks with his computer and would post from there.

I'll copy and paste a public post he made on Sept. 2015. I'm not at all amused by his difficult situation, but I thought this post demonstrated that the tiger certainly hasn't it changed his stripes. You will get what I mean if you remember him and read the story below:

Quote:

Sept. 3, 2015
Update for tonight:

After discussions with all the shift managers and the general manager ('Topper') of this Starbucks I hang out at, as well as discussions with District Safety Patrol members and the LAPD beat cops (Officer Chen and his partner), I have decided to cease attempting to stop or detain shoplifters. Although the staff here are dismayed at the constant shoplifting attempts and inventory losses, Starbucks Corporate is apparently satisfied with absorbing the losses. My interventions have not even made a dent in it. All of the above parties expressed deep concern that I might be injured (perhaps seriously) over food items of no great value.

I will still intervene to protect staff or patrons in the event of violence and I will still do my best to prevent theft of people's phones or computers when I am present here.

I hope this decision will make all my friends and family worry about me a bit less.

Meanwhile, I've still got several more classes to attend in the Chrysalis program over the next week or so. I'm not finding the classes particularly difficult as the information is largely familiar, but a review cannot hurt. I will try to post more frequent updates than I have been.

Good Night and God Bless you all!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Those who wish to assist me, I have a Paypal ( http://www.paypal.com ) account ( email: warrior_mike2001@yahoo.com ). As always, donations will be treated as loans to be repaid when I have a steady job, unless otherwise specified by the donor.
Once again, thank you all who have helped so far and please keep sending those warm well-wishes, too. It helps to know I have friends who care.

I have records of everything donated via Paypal for eventual repayment. I will, of course, post the happy news when I have another job.

Note: if you should wish to send a donation via Paypal, be sure and chose "Send Money To Family And Friends" and not "Pay For Goods Or Services". The latter choice requires me to somehow fulfill a purchase and causes the funds to be unavailable for several weeks even then.

Hobson has never stopped wanting to be an authority figure to make sure people are following the rules! I guess it's good that his core personality still hasn't changed even given his challenging circumstances. I'm purposely leaving in the information about his paypal donation account, just in case anyone here who remembers him wants to donate or just reach out. As I said he wasn't the most popular guy here, but I do know some people who tried to get past that and befriend him anyway.

The other thing that caught my eye was the "god bless you" at the end of the post. In other post he refers to "all of god's children" and other nods and mentions that are all Christian in nature. I wondered if Hobson had left Scientology behind and instead turned to Christianity? I was very curious how he would have had such change in his belief system - esp after so many years of defending the tech in the face of all the facts and experiences of exes here at ESMB. What finally made him open his eyes? (Even if it was to go to another belief system.)

I don't care for Hobson, and him being homeless doesn't make me alter my personally opinion towards him. However, I have never taken any delight or happiness in the suffering or major difficulties of another human being. I'm posting this because I know a lot of people here would remember Hobson and would be interested. A smaller percentage, who may have actually had personal contact with him, may want to reach out or even donate to him. I do not know his current housing situation. His last public post that mentioned being homeless was back in Oct. of 2015. He may have managed to find housing at this point, I really hope so.

I also read a post by his sister that stated he is currently in the hospital - LA County. He had an attack of cellulitis in his legs, and is recovering with some anti-biotics in the hospital so at least right now he has the safety and shelter of hospital care. All kinds of people can suffer from cellulitis, but it's something that is common in homeless populations for various reasons. I hope his flair up of cellulitis doesn't indicate he is still homeless.

If any former friends of Hobson want to contact him, I believe he is frequently on FB but he only posts certain things for the public to see. You can contact him via PM and as far as I know the email address and paypal above is still accurate, though you might want to confirm that before taking any action.

I'd also be curious if any indies that knew him within the groups know if he actually has abandoned his belief in the tech or if he's become a Cmdr. Birdsong type that somehow meshes Scientology with Christianity? He was so relentlessly public about his belief in the the tech and LRH I wanted to know if he was equally loud about disavowal of it or as emphatic about his Christian faith?

I know Hobson was in the SO for a period of time, then a public member, then an indie. I have to wonder how much damage he did to his own life by clinging so tightly to the tech regardless of all evidence and harm. Maybe things would have turned out the same if he had never heard of scientology, but I doubt it. The harm the beliefs have in all avenues of life, inside and out of the CoS, cannot be underestimated. If nothing else it cut him off or led him away from real professional training for a career or job prospect until much later in life, when finding IT work becomes much more difficult. (Older people are frowned upon in tech.) All those hours devoted to LRH and his tech do take away from other studies and life paths.

Regardless of anything else, Hobson has made clear in his public FB posts that he likes hearing from people so maybe this will at least spur a few to reach out to him and brighten his day.
Michael Hobson (aka Sneakster) now homeless and Christian??

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire