jeudi 28 janvier 2016

Advice--cult wanting to come into workplace

I currently work with an organization that caters to low-income and mostly homeless people. We open up our space to people who organize and camp and are working towards systemic change. Someone from the local cult has offered up a seminar that has nothing to do with Scio, but they have identified as Scio and that who is behind it. The folks involved say they don't intend to get involved. My initial reaction was to totally block this. The woman who approves things also said 'no' to this, because they know a little about my history and were uncomfortable and think the cult does not align with the philosophies of the organization. Then, it was brought out that we generally allow people in the space if they respect our philosophies while here.

I love where I work, and don't want them to be hit with the BS religious discrimination thing, so I'm a little lost. I was actually going to be the person on-site for this meeting and the woman in charge said that if for some reason it was allowed I absolutely should not have to be the person who does this. I considered just having it been told to them that persons here are actually in bad standing with the cult, and cult members are not allowed to mix with me--but, don't want cult attention back. Any ideas how to proceed are welcome. Thanks.
Advice--cult wanting to come into workplace

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire