jeudi 12 mai 2016

Scientology in Ukraine a Big Flop

Hello Folks,

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but just for fun today, I went looking for the Mission of Scientology here in Kiev, Ukraine where I'm staying for bit. I'd been seeing Dianetics in a variety of places (mostly illegal booksellers or book bazaars), so I wanted to find out just how big they were. After a quick Google search, I found this:

Click image for larger version.  Name: ScnMissionsUKR.png  Views: 2  Size: 69.4 KB  ID: 12588
(Source: http://ift.tt/1T8CDgB )

However, when I tried to find the physical mission, the address and the pin marked didn't match.

Click image for larger version.  Name: Kiev Mission.jpg  Views: 2  Size: 59.3 KB  ID: 12589

I checked with a local at a shop not too far from where the pin was marked for Kiev and he told me the same - the address didn't match. He even added that he had never even heard of Scientology, so I gather that it's not in the building where the pin says.

So, I walked to the actual address that's listed. No sign of Scientology. I called the number. No answer; just an error message saying the number was incorrect.

Then when I got back to the hotel where I'm staying, I did a bit more research. It seems that the Church of Scientology is making a lot of these places up in Ukraine. One of the places - Slavutich - shows up in Dnipropetrovsk. There's a difference of about 600 km between them. Then I thought it might be a region or district of Dnipropetrovsk... no such hits by almighty Google to confirm.

Click image for larger version.  Name: dnipro.jpg  Views: 2  Size: 50.4 KB  ID: 12590

It looks like they're just making these places up in a pathetic effort to seem bigger than they really are.

Anywho, just wanted to make you all aware, and I'd be curious to know if they are doing this in other countries too. I mean, I know it's not exactly a surprise that the "church" of Scientology lies about its statistics, but for some reason, I thought that if they were listing one of their locations on their website, it would actually match reality. :duh:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version.  Name: ScnMissionsUKR.png  Views: N/A  Size: 69.4 KB  ID: 12588   Click image for larger version.  Name: Kiev Mission.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 59.3 KB  ID: 12589   Click image for larger version.  Name: dnipro.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 50.4 KB  ID: 12590  
Scientology in Ukraine a Big Flop

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire