mardi 17 mai 2016

Does Scientology still use telex?

I was listening to one of Chris Shelton's YouTube videos and he mentioned that Orgs still use telex because Hubbard decreed its use when it was standard technology in the 1960s.

I found this rather amazing. In my own day job, I'm always stunned when someone asks me to FAX something because FAX was on its way out by the late 1980s. But...telex? It's an ALL CAPS electric typewriter. (I don't think I can post pics yet, but: http://ift.tt/1rS4FWU )

Just curious if telex machines are still deployed in orgs...would that mean if you walked into any Scientology mission, there would be a telex machine in a back office? Isn't that like a special line from the phone company, or does it use normal phone lines? I'm wondering if various local phone companies roll their eyes and say "ah, must be Scientologists, they're asking for a telex hookup".

I'm kind of surprised CSI hasn't gotten deep into cryptology and encryption, given how pervasive those technologies are on the Internet and their love of security/control.
Does Scientology still use telex?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire