dimanche 14 février 2016

What's your youngest memory

This is something I have been meaning to post for quite a while. It seems I was 5 or 6 when, like a light turning on, I was self aware - or have memories of that period. Maybe younger? Some of the things I recall were mundane, some traumatic. Like the big dogs that would run at fences and bark at me, like seeing Wizard of Oz with my parents, and becoming hysterical when the trees were throwing their apples at Dorothy, and me running up and down the aisle screaming my fool head off. Or stepping in a small spring fed stream and being stung by yellow jackets. Or having to wear a tee shirt at the beach because I burned so easily, or throwing a ski pole at my brother and just missing his spine, or dropping a metal bucket on my other brother's head from on top of the roof. Or making my pet duck walk up the hill to our house after letting it swim in the lake. Or walking in the musty smelling Caribou Club that was part of my grandmothers hotel and looking the stuffed moose and antelope head hunting trophies there. or going to Ft. Ticonderoga and seeing the melting glass windows. Flying in a DC 3 and hitting an air pocket and feeling I was in free fall with my stomach in my throat. ( yes, it was a tail dragger)

But those are snatches, the bulk being lost. Like the Edge of Night soap opera playing at the TV in my grandmothers hotel, looking at the actors shocked expressions, then walking off to the kitchen for a glass of milk and try to steal a toll house cookie (or several) then walking back by it, wondering when the cartoons were going to come on as they huddled around the some to be written off actor who lay dying in bed, a tube snaking from his arm. Most of the story has been lost in the mists of the past.

When I ran straight wire or engrams, there wasn't much to find that was new, save one incident, where my father was spanking me for playing with his HO gauge train set ( I think that was my crime - it could have been something else) and me going exterior and laughing at him as he spanked my body, me thinking - you can't catch me.

Does memory need a trigger? As I recalled one of these, another popped up, like the time I wandered in a stream, and came out, my legs covered with leaches.

So, fellow exes and not in's, what were your earliest memories? I have a few I can't recall, like I was told I broke my arm falling of the step on a train in Cleveland. But I was wondering how you can you actually recall?

And for those who have had auditing - did straight wire improve your memory?

Mimsey


What's your youngest memory

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire