jeudi 4 février 2016

We're sometimes called bigots...

So, I have this friend- never been in Scio. And when I was taking courses and getting my grades in the cherch, she was supportive. She said never mind what people say, hey, Tom Cruise goes to your church.

But it eventually I woke up like the rest of the exes and I got the hell out. My opinion of Hub's fuckery is no secret. I certainly try to be civil to people who are still Scilons but if they ask me what I think, I tell them.

My friend tenses up and icicles form in her voice whenever the subject of my Scio criticism comes up. I really don't push her on it but, yeah, we're close friends and what we're into does come up in conversation. We had one rather odd argument where I was yelling, OMG it's a cult! They hurt people! (With a couple examples before she froze me out once again) . This seems awfully ironic given the fact that she's never been in it and is a Christian.

This has made itself felt a number of times.

A few weeks ago we were out apartment hunting (for her) and trying to find the building. I spotted it and said that it's across from an Orthodox Church. She then said And what's wrong with THAT? Uhhhh...I didn't say anything about it. WTF.

So now I've realized that my friend thinks I'm a religious bigot. Whoa! Actually I don't care if you're a pastafarian- just don't ruin people's lives. But, well, to some, exes who speak up are bigots. This is the sort of thing I expect from someone who's still in or even a feezoner. Didn't expect it from someone who has no family in it, no other friends who were involved and who never walked into a Scio location or read a book. Welk, I'm just venting. Wondered if anyone else is catching flak from unexpected quarters.
We're sometimes called bigots...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire