lundi 27 juin 2016

Hello from the Middle East

Hello everyone,

Here's a little introduction about who I am.

I live in Dubai (what I call Middle East 101) and have been here the last five years. Before that I lived in Johannesburg, South Africa, which is my home town.

I spent many years working in an international role for an IT company and spent a lot of time travelling about, trying to get people to "follow the strategy" - oh boy! what an exercise in futility :duh:. So, two and half years ago I quit with no forward plan but the definite knowledge that I was done with being cannon-fodder in the corporate battle. Since then, I have had the luxury of being supported by my husband while I have experimented with becoming a coach (turned out to be too flakey and new-agey / scam-like for me) and generally researching pretty much the entire conspiracy set of the modern and not so modern world. What a trip :shock:.

I want a new "thing" to focus my life around but am not sure what it is - I seem to have hidden it well from myself.

Aside from the work history, I have written one book of poetry (self-published) and another which is simply waiting for me to publish (I am 5 years slow on it). I'm currently researching the intersection of philosophy, physics and spiritual practice/religion as they converge on the topic of consciousness... with the hope of making some sense of it all so I can write a book which helps those raised in the neo-Darwinist reduction materialist cultural and educational context understand and access more easily the world of soul / spirit / beingness.

I was briefly involved in Co$ in Johannesburg. I did the Purif, Objectives and some repair auditing. I also did a a few Div 6 / public courses. They had me sign up for Foundation staff before they'd experienced my ridiculous travel schedule and I, being one who often agrees-because-it-is-easier-that-way, joined but then could not participate as expected. However, before that could turn into any kind of real drama, I started to experience some of the Co$ that I didn't like or want to be involved with:
(1) The endless events and fundraising for Ideal Orgs to the same tired huddle of public,
(2) the military dictator style command and control of the Sea Org,
(3) the strange paranoia of the Sec Checking in my auditing repairs.... sigh.
It was enough to make me begin to distance myself. I did it in a quiet way; :tiptoe: slowly and surely just dropping off and closing off from it all.

Since then I have had a couple of "Scientology offshoot" processing interventions - and some have worked better than others. Great were:
  • Spiritual Rescue Technology (SRT) from David St Lawrence and
  • Idenics from Annabel Bourgois who is a coach trained by Mike Goldstien


In my world-searching and soul-searching space of the last two years, I have come across quite a bit of info and material on Scientology across the web. Some interesting, some perplexing. I am still interested in Scientology and its offshoot methods.

If anyone here happens to be in Dubai, I would love to be in touch and share stories and a coffee.

/ Searcher
Hello from the Middle East

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire